October 8, 2011

Continuous Revelation

Wow.... So it's been about two weeks since I last posted. I think a few of you may have seen the change that I made to the back ground.

Seeing as it's been two weeks since I posted, I suppose that I should give you an update on things. Well I getting a handle on my classes which has been a bit rough. I think my brain is asking for a break.

Last weekend I went 'home' to Utah to visit my family. It was nice to have all of us together but it was odd because I was reminded of how we've all become our own adults with different interests and different lives. My family and I had the opportunity to go to General Conference. It was amazing and like my dad said best "Has it really been 3 hours already?".

Being there reminded me of the great blessing that we have to live in age were have easy access to the words of a living prophet of God.

I'm always impressed by the talks. Especially after I learned from Elder Holland that almost none of the speakers are assigned a topic. I'm impressed how well those men and women are able to follow the Spirit and teach the gospel with their own voice.

I'd like to lead you, my readers, with a scripture that I got re-read a couple of weeks ago for my class.

“And now, verily, verily, I say unto thee, put your trust in that Spirit which leadeth to do good—yea, to do justly, to walk humbly, to judge righteously; and this is my Spirit.” (D&C 11:12)

This verse stuck out to me because I always want to follow the Spirit but it is often less than straight forward on how to recognize those promptings. This scripture sheds some light on the matter.

Elder Bednar last General Conference talked about revelation. He said "But regardless of the pattern whereby [revelation] is received, the light it provides will illuminate and enlarge your soul, enlighten your understanding"

I love how the Lord has given us both the scriptures and living prophets who can help us to better understand how to recognize the Holy Ghost.

I challenge you and myself to try listen a little bit harder for the whisperings of the Spirit.

No comments:

Post a Comment