November 24, 2011

Confess Not His Hand in All Things

So this last week been hectic. I seemed to have forgotten how fun you have with girlfriend and how time seems to rush by. I've done lots of homework, work and even more hanging out with my wonderful girlfriend. Well I'm now home here in Utah with my family and my good friends, Chellie and Erick.

This weekened (because this is what I remember) Barbara and I had dinner with my sister Megan and her boyfriend Garrett. The next day (I think) my Mom and brother Aaron came up to take us down here to Utah. They both were able to met my girlfriend who was a tad bit nervous at meeting my family. Barbara watched as my sister, my mom, and I played a card game that is notorious in our family called Spite and Malice. After hearing all of the friendly banter among my family members, Barbara remarked "Your family is a lot of fun." I agree with my Mom's assessment of Barbara, she's a keeper.
This week I read in section fifty nine of Doctrine and Covenants for my class. In there I read one of my favorite verses, verse twenty one, which reads "And in nothing doth man offend God, or against none is his wrath kindled, save those who confess not his hand in all things, and obey not his commandments."

This week, I have realized that I am not always very good at acknowledging the hand of the Lord in all things. I mean I know He does a lot to help me in my life but I don't always remark it as often as I should. Something that I've found to be helpful is writing in my journal often helps me to better recognize His hand in my life. To paraphrase President Eyring, it helps to remind me of ways that the Lord may have helped me but that I may have over looked at the time. The Lord has given me so many blessings, my family for starters. I love each of them and I wouldn't be who I am today without them. My friends are another one, who bring happiness, joy and a good deal of advice to my life. My wonderful girlfriend who makes me happy and who lets me make her happy. My college is a blessing; I'm gaining, what is is my mind, an invaluable education on both secular and spiritual matters. Most of all I am glad to have the gospel of the Lord in my life that allows me to know of my Father in heaven and to be able to see His hand in my life. I hope that you all during this season of Thanksgiving can find more ways to acknowledge the hand of the Lord in your life. If you're bad at journal writing like I was, make a renewed effort to better at it. Just start one day at a time. I know you can do it! Because I have! Have a good week!

2 comments: