April 1, 2012

Enjoying the Simple Things

These last few weeks have been interesting. For part of them I was sure that I was getting sick. I will say that I managed to finish the book Catching Fire and then passed in on to my sister Megan. She's started on the last book "Mockingjay" which I'm hoping to read during the break.

I've been slowly regulating my sleep patterns which is good. I've also had a lot of fun with my girlfriend Wendy. I went to a play called Enchanted April twice because it was really cool. I went once with my good friend Chellie and once with my girlfriend. It's about a couple of British ladies from the 1920's who decided to escape on vacation to rent a castle in northern Italy. It's hilarious and deep.

Lately, I've learned just to enjoy the simple things. Like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. For me it always represents home mainly because I been eating them since I can remember. I love the simple contrast of flavors.

I think sometimes we get so caught up in trying to guess the future or make plans and we don't just enjoy the simple things. Lately, I've been doing that and it's been nice. I invite you to enjoy the simple things. They bring a lot more happiness than you know. I hope y'all have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment