July 15, 2012

Holding On and Letting Go

Holy cow! It's been over a month. Sorry y'all. These last couple of weeks have been pretty crazy with school, work, and Wendy.

My classes and work have been going pretty well. In my legislative branch class I even got a bill of mine passed. In other news, Wendy and I got our engagement photos taken, which was a lot of fun. Especially Wendy laughing every five minutes or so from something silly I said. Here is a preview of them. I'll post them later on facebook.
Don't worry, this isn't the one that we will be using for the invites. Y'all will see those later. As Wendy said "cuz they are a surprise!"

We've been able to grow closer together these few weeks. We've also had a lot of fun. Wendy was able to go to my sister Megan's bridal shower where she got to hang out with the women of my family. Megan gets married in three weeks. One of my favorite TV series, Legend of Korra had its season finale which was epic. And I got to watch it with my darling Wendy, which always makes it better.

During the last few weeks, I've been reading a talk called "Holding On and Letting". It is a really good talk that talks about times when we need to hold to important spiritual principles and letting go of unimportant things. I feel like this has been a big lesson that I've learned this year. Between the two relationships that I've had this year, I can say that this is definitely a lesson I've learned. Often we need to hold on to the important gospel principles during our trials and we need to let go of our plans, incorrect thoughts and habits, and those who pulls us down. On the other hand we need to hold fast to the teachings of the prophets, the scriptures, and hold on to those who lift us up. With Wendy I have learned to hold on to her and the gospel and let go of my thoughts and perceptions.

I hope that ya'll learn to hold to the good principles and let go of the bad things! Hope y'all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment