August 8, 2011

Family, isn't it about time?

I know my title is cheesy but then again so am I. Those of you know me on a personal level, know that I love cheese. This is one of many reasons that I got along with French people so well. This last week I went home to North Carolina to visit my family. Among other things that we did, we went to a cheese factory and a nearby gift shop right.

There I got this!

That is a cheese knife. You use to cut the cheese (no, not that way). Then you use the prongs on the back to put the piece of cheese on your baguette or bread. I personally think it's genius and I am glad to have one for my cheese.

I spent a lot of time with most of my family. I wasn't able to spend time with two of them because they are in Europe. I think it should be mentioned that I haven't seen my family in North Carolina since January because I have a job here in town so it makes sense for me to stay here =year round.


I got to hang out a lot with my mom, dad and little brother (who's only presently shorter than me) and I had a ton of fun with them. Being around them again reminded me of all the reasons I love and care about them. They are honest and open about what they think of me and my ideas. We readily appreciate each other's humor and sensitivities. Most of us are avid readers. We all accept as fact that mom is always right, according to my dad, and that she is super cute. Then there is my dad, he is calm and collected when needs be or crazy and funny depending on the circumstances. To quote of one my favorite characters Aang, my little brother Aaron is "a mad genius". By the end of the week I was sad to leave my family because I had remembered how much they mean to me. They support me through my good and bad times. They help me learn and grow in the gospel and other areas of my life.

This is a reminder that your family is important. Friends will almost always come and go but family is forever. I ask you to keep your family close. They love and care for you, even if they're bad at showing it. I know that sometimes it can be hard to believe that they love you. But I know if you look hard enough you can see that they do love you. I hope you have good week!

1 comment:

  1. Exactly why I choose to go to a Home ward when I'm home and not a single's branch. :) haha

    ReplyDelete