September 7, 2011

The Shadow Proves the Sunshine

These last couple of days have been rather uneventful for me. I have changed apartments and gotten my texts books for the upcoming semester which is now routine; I should mention that I've been taking classes with only eight weeks of interruption.

Today I helped my sister locate a store that saved her a bunch of money on books; it's like Geico but for text books. I went to work which was slow but nice because I got to speak a bit of French. J'aime le français même si je ne parle plus très bien.

On my way home from work, it attempted to drizzle as the sun was setting in the West.
I did not take this photo but it gives you an idea of what I saw.

The feel and look of town in that condition was breathtaking. It reminded me of a poem that I wrote called "Busy With the Music"; it is centered around the fact that we are often surrounded by music but we sometimes miss the beauty of what our Heavenly Father has created. I hold a personal belief that God is the greatest artist and every other great artist is just doing their best to copy His work in the best way they know how. I know that God has created the most beautiful things in life; I feel that the Plan of Salvation, mountains, moving water, weather, birds, and women are just a few of my favorites of His works.

While I was walking home from work, the chorus of "The Shadow Proves the Sunshine" by Switchfoot (one of my favorite bands) popped into my head while enjoying this beautiful scene. You can listen to it here. That song always reminds me that there has to be opposition in all things so that I can enjoy the beautiful moments more fully; like I was able to today.

I hope that you, my reader, find time to slow down and enjoy some of the beautiful things, animals, or people in your life. I know that they exist, no matter how dark or dim your life may seem presently. The Lord loves you and has created beautiful things as little love notes or "texts" to let know that He loves you, so look for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment