September 4, 2011

Learn What You Preach & Adopting a Different Idea of Success

So this week has been long one but a good one. I'm getting ready to start another semester in a couple weeks. I have most of my books and my schedule; I personally believe it's going to be a fun but interesting semester. I'll be rooming with three guys from my current apartment and one of my roommates from last semester, Erick. I may take pictures of them and introduce them to you later, because it is likely enough that I will mention at least one of them in the future.

Well I have two photos to include. The first is an Altoids container; I know this may seem strange but I should mention I don't normally buy Altoids because I'm not much of a mint or gum person. This week my roommate Victor brought home a sewing case of a friend which had as it's container an Altoids box. This inspired me to buy one which when I am done with it will become a sewing kit container because I want a sturdy sewing case. I should mention that I like to sow because it rather calming. As Agly says "I can't eat muffins in an agitated manner", for me it is sewing.
The other picture I took this evening was of one of my favorite ties. I will readily admit that I didn't remember my photo challenge until right before I started writing my post. It is green and gorgeous. Just look at it; every time I wear I get compliments.
So now on the important things. This week was a good week but I learned early in the week between my last two posts that I had taught somethings that I needed to do. I found it interesting because I know that the Spirit teaches me things that I sometimes teach to others of which they have need. I love seeing how that inspired counsel helps them. Then sometimes, just sometimes, you find down the road that you need to follow the counsel that our Father in Heaven gave you for them because it was for both of you. So my point is that when the Spirit inspires you to speak, remember those words and write them down because you don't know when you may need them.

The next thought that came to me came from a talk that I read which sadly I couldn't not find. The discourse talked was something to the effect of "Our personal success" so I obviously decided that it was something that was worth looking into. In it the speaker explained that the Lord's idea of success is different from ours. I know that I had an particular idea of success from before my mission that I have learned is probably not all the same as what Heavenly Father's idea of success for me is. I know that it is sometimes hard but that we sometimes need to let go of our ideas of success so that we can better be a success in the eyes of the Lord.

I hope that this counsel helps you in your week. I hope that your week is good and that your write down some of the revelation that you receive.

No comments:

Post a Comment