June 5, 2011

The Atonement

So this has been a long week and it is very likely that this upcoming week is going to be just as long if not longer.

To be honest I didn't have many ideas this week that weren't school related or about how the Lord's plans differ from our own.

So this Sunday has been pretty crazy and I'm writing this during a few free minutes I have. In my Elder's Quorum, we went over the Atonement of Christ and we read several scriptures about it. For some reason reading through them, I got deep sense of his suffering and heartbreak. One example of this that stuck out to me was when Christ was brought before the chief priests and scribes. These men were to be the most trained int the Mosaic law and the prophecies about the Messiah. Yet when Pilate presented Christ before them and asked what they would have him do to Christ; they answered "Crucify him!" "We have no king but Cæsar." (John 19:15) It clicked for me how heartbreaking this had to be to the Savior. There he was alone, His Apostles, disciples and friends were not there.

For me I realized how much the Savior can empathize with our pains, and loneliness because He has been there. The Lord loves you.

No comments:

Post a Comment