June 7, 2011

The Lord's Timing

So yesterday I read a devotional talk given at BYU by Elder Oaks and this has instantly become one of my favorite talks by Elder Oaks.

Yesterday was a good day because I only had two classes and I was able to relax. Two of my roommates wanted to speak with me and so we did. One of them recently got turned down by a girl and the other has been having a rough semester. I ended up talking to them about the Lord's Timing which is the principle mainly discussed by Elder Oaks. He talks about how having faith in the Lord is not only trusting in His will and His way of doing things but also trusting in His timing. He talked about how even something seems good and right, it may not be the right time. He said that people may feel prompted to do something but if it is the wrong time then they will often not succeed and then question whether or not what they were doing was truly inspired. He then notes that it is important not only to do the right thing but it's also important to do it at the right time. I really liked this because it helped me and some of my roommates.

I know from personal experience that it is not always easy to except the Lord's timing. It is something that has tested my faith. I hope and pray that we can do better to learn the Lord's timing for things in our lives. He knows what's best and He'll time things perfectly. I hope that y'all have a good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment